Friday, March 6, 2009

X-acto serenity

Maybe I didn't need a break after all. Maybe I just needed to get to work. 

I'd been pretty stressed over the past week with huge projects and impending departure. I've been exhausted, anxious, and sad. It's not that I was procrastinating on doing stuff -- I felt like I was running around and busy all the time without making progress. 

But this morning I woke up calm and relieved, despite relatively little sleep. I think it was the x-acto blade that cured me. 

Yesterday I spend all day in the d.school, and probably about 6 hours of that cutting out little shapes. I worked on my prototype for our Savings Circle project, and built most of our energy efficient home model. 

I cranked through til the late evening, missing a hockey game I meant to go to and deciding not to do my last problem set ever. I think both were the right call.   

While the whole affair was tedious and incredibly time-consuming, and we're still not totally done, I felt amazingly refreshed and energized. I even started and finished my taxes when I got home!

Today I'm now excited instead of dreading my graduation party. (The nap I just got up from helped, too.) Speaking of which, I need to go get ready. 

I'll let you know how my final project goes too...


Rejuvinated,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment